Monday, May 9, 2011

Welcome

I spent some quality time this weekend with Joel and he has convinced me that my brain is atrophying at a pretty rapid pace--dizzying, in fact!  He's encouraged me to take up something to hone the dulled edges of my mind since he feels (and I agree) that the body is better able to heal once the mind isn't so befuddled. Amazing that I might actually learn something from a golf-addled college prof who remembers every hole he's ever played and every class he's ever taught (but can't remember how old I am).

So, this--blogging--is one of the things I'm going to try.  We'll see together if I can recover some of the mental acuity that will help me help my body to heal. If that sounds a little too spiritual or "new-age" or whatever to have come from me, tough noogies (Liz wont let me say "shit" here, so every time I say "noogies" I mean "shit").  I am over 60 and have every right to be inconsistent whenever I please!

As far as health news goes, I'm going to try to keep a running commentary here.  Not everything I say will be pleasant, but I'm hoping that it will make up what it lacks in delicacy by being informative.  In the first few posts here I'm going to try to bring the health status up to date, and after that, we'll see where it goes.

I'm not inviting comments on this blog because I simply don't care about other peoples' opinions---actually, it's so that I can limit the amount of time I spend editing this thing.  If you have something to say to me, say it with flowers--or better yet, with an email, text message, or even a telephone call.

And we're off!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jer Liz and Megan,
I am not sure what to write here but here goes!
I love you guys and hope that you know I am here for you and can be there pretty dam quick if you need or desire Anything. I hope the drugs do their job and that you guys know that we love and cherish each of you. Lastly, Cancer is a big pile of "Noogie".
Love ya
Joel