Monday, May 16, 2011

An Afternoon in the Sun

Today was another of those glorious gifts that only Texas can deliver.  Cloudless, mid-70's, no humidity, flowers in bloom waving under a slight breeze.  Liz and Megan have taken advantage of the gift and have spent the afternoon planting flowers in anticipation of Mike & Kris's wedding.  While I, slug that I am, have taken advantage by sitting in an outdoor rocking recliner taking in the beautiful weather, the beautiful gardners, and the beauty of shamelessly calling out "Good job!" periodically to keep the girls working. I think that a pair of native females, one wielding a huge palm frond to shoo away the flies and another a bowl of grapes (which she helpfully peels for me so I don't have to expend the effort) is all that's missing from my little tableau. 

I've often heard people over the years describing their fight with cancer.

"I have good days and bad days," they always say. 

I don't know about that. I've been privileged to have mostly good days over the past ten years and my string seems to be continuing.

Like today. How can I complain?

No comments: